A Screenwriter's Checklist Part 1: Questions 1 - 5
1. Do you have what it takes to become a working screenwriter?
2. Do you respect the mountain youâ€™re about to climb and those who came before you?
3. Do you know and respect screenplay format, story and structure?
4. Have you found your unique voice and your passion for a genre?
5. Are you creating a solid body of material?
It helps to have a check list with questions to honestly answer about your strengths, weaknesses, failures and successes on your screenwriting journey. It is possible you are not focusing on certain disciplines that may be your weaknesses, and these can be the reasons holding you back from success. Knowing the pitfalls before you embark on your journey will better help you to anticipate the dangers that you'll encounter. Every project is either a new opportunity or a lost opportunity, it depends on how you play it. Success or failure, there is always precious new information to be learned with every screenplay and every choice that you make. If you build on your strengths and work on your weaknesses, you'll be able to and stay in the game, and at the top of your game.
The webinar teaches disciplines like the practice humility and patience, the need to write badly and fail before you can succeed, the need to master your craft while building endurance to write every day, the importance of executing script notes, how to be a professional team player, how to find your own voice, and how to use social media for your brand.